Monday, May 23, 2005

Knitting recap

No Bucs at the party at Whisky Park on Friday afternoon but did leave with a white golf shirt that Dan proudly owns now. But the highlight of course was the stop at my LYS where I scored some Debble Blissful Cashmerino in a dusky blue for the Simply Marilyn from Interweave Spring 2004, two complimentary shades of Noro Kureyon for the child's rainbow scarf that will be gifted to my niece and two skeins of a blue sock yarn.

Obsessing over color choice
I don't think the blue is right for me so I will be trucking on down to Knit N Knibble on Friday when I am off to exchange for the baby pink.

Couple more rows
and I am just about done with my niece's scarf. I think that it will be a big hit and now I would love to make matching mittens and a hat to go along. I was brave last nite and did cast on for my first sock of my pair with the double pointed. We will see how it goes.

Here is the Spring Scarf collection:

The Scarf Brigade Posted by Hello

From left to right:
First scarf knitted after a 15 year hiatus in knitting with LB fun fur and then second scarf in LB Fancy Fur(since then I have become a yarn snob); Yo, Drop It with Berroco Zen from Stitch N Bitch Nation; multidirectional scarf in Noro Silk Garden and finally the Misty Garden in Jo Sharp Rare Mohair.


Close-up of Yo, Drop It Posted by Hello


"Albert Einsein" modeling the multi-di Posted by Hello


Child's Rainbow Scarf Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We don't get to wear scarves much in Myrtle Beach but they look cool

May 23, 2005 at 11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same prob in Tampa but then again my office is like an icebox. Thanks for the compliment!

May 23, 2005 at 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home