Sunday, July 30, 2006

The First Rule of Sock Wars Is...

So I'm visiting Miriam's blog and learned about 2 things...she is having a pre-holiday sale on her fab patterns and a tease to a new KAL called Sock Wars hosted by Yarn Monkey.



The tournament begins when everyone receives their sock knitting target...everyone knits the same pattern as fast as they can and gets it out in the mail. If you receive a pair in the mail before you get your knitted pair out...oh well you are out of the competition. Then what happens is you need to send the UFO that you were supposed to complete to the individual that knitted the pair you received. Then whomever is left at the end on November 24 needs to send a pair to the yarnmonkey. They are declared the winner and get some mighty nifty prizes from the monkey's swag.

Here are some additional tidbits of info:
To enter, email yarn.monkey@yahoo.com with the following details:

Your name/alias
Your address
Your email
Your blog (if you have one)

Deadline for entry: is 8th September 2006
Yarn monkey will post the weight and tension/gauge required for the pattern when signups close. You have 2 weeks in which to amass your artillery (i.e. yarn/needles). And then away you go.

Perfect timing as I will have completed my Hurricane Sock and Toasty Toes way before then. Now if I can figure out Magic Loop so I can knit a pair at the same time...training awaits!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knit my pairs at the same time on two sets of doublepoints. It works out really well for me.

July 31, 2006 at 11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds crazy! I'll have to check it out.

August 4, 2006 at 4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've cast on your angel socks, see my blog. ;)

August 16, 2006 at 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home