Monday, July 10, 2006

Florida Bag: Done

Well I did finish knitting the Florida bag on the trip up to Ellijay in Georgia for our vacation. Only problem...none of the stores around town had fabric that I cared for to line the bag or the iron fusing or a pocketbook handle. I had to wait until I got back to Tampa and marched on over to Jo Ann. Found fabric and was told that stitch witchery would work to iron on to the yarn and then the fabric lining would adhere to that. No dice. The Knitpicks Shine Worsted wouldn't adhere to the fusing but the fusing did stick to the fabric. I had to go back out and find invisible thread and hand sew the lining in. I only have my pic not the pic of my step-mother-in-law with the bag (hubby is still in Tucson with the in-laws and no access to e-mail to forward on the pic).


Almost done with E's Trekking socks. They were almost done when (even with point protectors) I managed to knock a whole bunch of stitches off the needles when I went to answer the doorbell. So E didn't have them to go hiking in CO. Here's one sock almost done just before we left the cabin we stayed at in Ellijay.



I also decided to put my Icarus on a slight back burner while I get Mom's b-day gift done ahead of time rather than rush last minute (it's in September). I'm knitting her up another Miriam Felton creation...her Adamas Shawl in Shadow in Sunset. Love this pattern...cast on on Saturday and I'm already done with the third repeat of the body chart. Definitely going to be done ahead of time.

And ssshhhh! I also started two other projects...a Tempting II in a lime green Rowan Calmer and the Brioche Bodice form the Summer IW in Wick by Knit One, Crochet Two.

And I know what yarn to purchase for my Hurricane Sock pal (actually waiting for it to become available) and I know what pattern I will use for Toasty Toes (Log Cabin socks). But haven't started either yet.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOH, love the bag! It turned out wonderfully!

July 10, 2006 at 11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sweet email Phoebe!

Your bag looks great! And look at what a busy bee knitter you've been. I am envious and inspired!

July 12, 2006 at 12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Phoebe, let me know how you Adamas shawl turns out. I've been contemplating making that my first shawl project.

July 12, 2006 at 7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bag is stunning! That lining fabric looks like the napkins I made last month...

Oooo, you're making log cabin socks! Love them.

July 13, 2006 at 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home