Saturday, October 14, 2006

Life as I know it

Hectic like many out there. And how do I relax..with knitting of course! Let's see....since I last updated my blog, I was able to assassinate my original target during Sock Wars...lovely Pischi (who happened to be from Florida) and the her target, Rose in VA. For both pairs of socks, yarn of choice for the International Sock of Doom was Cascade Fixation. Then, sad to say I was assassinated by Pat in British Columbia. So that's the end of that story.
Although I had listened in the past to Knitcast and downloaded some CastOn podcasts, I hadn't really gotten bitten by the bug. Now I have...I listen to knitting podscasts in the morning for exercise as I take the dog on a 4-mile walk. I discovered Pixie Purls, Lime and Violet, Knitty D and the City and Pointy Sticks.
FOs...besides the two Socks of Doom, I never did post a photo of my Mom's Adamas (forgot the camera when she received her gift so only shots of blocked shawl). Only the first sock of doom has been saved for posterity (totally forgot to take photos of sock #2 and it's a shame because Pischi does such beautiful knitwork...and notice once again the gem of a sock bag that was personally created for me by Tonni).






And here's a close-up of the point:



For the past several weeks, I've been pretty much sticking to knitting mostly the Seraphim Shawl in handpainted yarn's Vermillion colorway. And then I decided so cast on and start my Sizzle (Knit n Tonic pattern) for the Sexy Knitters Club in Dale fo Norway Svale. Almost up to the armwhole bind-off on the back when I had to put the needles down and start sock #2 for Toasty Toes. Hopefully I will get my act together and start blogging and a more regular basis.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adamas is lovely! You've been hitting it hard with the lace shawls I notice! I bet your mother was stunned and totally appreciative.

October 14, 2006 at 9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful shawl. I just began making a lace shawl.. what an amazing amount of work. Yours is truly lovely.

October 15, 2006 at 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see you have been knitting my favorites - socks and lace! What a beautiful lace gift for your Mom.

October 16, 2006 at 7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for listening!

November 1, 2006 at 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home