Friday, June 22, 2007

All Things Italian

I've been very remiss in posting all about my Knitflix package from Carrie and finally trying to give credit where credit is due. It was a very rough week after learning of my father-in-law's passing and flying up to Denver over the weekend for the funeral.

However, when E. and I strolled into the house on Tuesday morning at 2am, I had a lovely package waiting for me from Carrie. Jennifer organized this swap where you actually know the person who you are swapping with...in this case, Carrie send me a package and I sent her one. We had to choose a DVD, yarn/fiber for a small project to knit up during the movie, and of course, a snack to go with it. To make it fun, Jennifer suggested theming the package.



So correct me if I'm wrong, Carrie, but the theme of my package was "All Things Italian." Carrie sent me 2 DVDs..."Roman Holiday" (I adore Audrey Hepburn and I missed watching the entire movie a couple of weeks ago) and "Too Beautiful for You" (romantic comedy...I love foreign films...although this is a French film and goes outside my theme theory); my fiber is Mountain Colors Ribbon in Thunderhead...a deep purple with shade of burgundy and blue...I only knew about their sock yarn...yeah they make other fiber); two different types of chocolate...mocha java and an extra dark chocolate (and believe it or not, they have not been touched...I told the boys we are saving it for our vacation up to GA in a week). And last but not least, Italy...a magazine for lovers of all things Italian and a beautiful hand crafted stone box with flowers on top. Thanks again Carrie for the wonderful job putting my Knitflix together!


And just in case you are wondering what I sent Carrie, you can check it out here.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love roman holiday! lucky you!

June 22, 2007 at 6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great swap goodies! Carrie told me it's a "wine and roses" theme. :-)

June 22, 2007 at 8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you all made it back in one piece! Hope everything went okay. Drop me an e-mail on Monday!

June 22, 2007 at 9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again, sorry to hear about your FiL. *hug*

I have to know what the yarn was that you bought your swap pal!!!!!

Everything you got was awesome. And I particularly liked the Black Bunny you were knitting with yesterday. I didn't get a chance to ask more about it. Details please! :)

Will you still be planning on the knitting meet up at the library this coming Wednesday? I have to stop by Fiber Art on Monday (tomorrow) to pick up the yarn I have waiting . . I'll prolly stay and knit.

June 24, 2007 at 10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Theme? There was a theme? Yes, it was supposed to be a European Wine & Roses theme but I couldn't quite find a couple of the items and I had to send some locally made chocolate.

June 26, 2007 at 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home