Friday, January 28, 2011

From Sheep to Cowl

Since I learned to spin almost 3 years ago, the evolution of taking fiber from a big ball of fluff to yarn, single or 2-ply, still amazes me. I enjoy the process and every step along the way. There's no better feeling of a sense of accomplishment than when you can say that you not only knit an item yourself but spun the yarn as well. My non-fibery friends can't fathom but crafters get it.

I enjoy every aspect...dividing up the bump, in this case I started with the fab color/fiber combo from Spunky Eclectic for the September '10 Club selection of Romney in Tuxedo Rose. It was the first time I played with romney and I just followed Amy's suggestion to work the long fibers to your advantage and not over twist.




Used my Ashford Traveller, double drive to get about 150yds of 2-ply, DK to sport weight out of 4 oz...which I never ever spin anything this fat...lace is queen on my wheel, thinner the better for me.



But I had a specific project in mind with a special person to knit for. A birthday cowl, Juerga by Anne Hanson, for my dear friend Sherry.





Fast knit and I wish I had more yards left to make the matching wristlets but alas I did not. Next time, I should plan on a double dose of club to get a matching set.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home